People have been asking what’s happening on platform 1 on the Thameslink station – the answer is a waiting room. But there are more things going on at the award-winning station that may not be as visible.
Local campaign group WHAT regularly meets with First Capital Connect and has all the latest updates:
- The new shelter on platform 1 will have a space for staff so they can answer customer queries speedily and be more in touch with the passengers.
- There will also be a retail outlet on platform 1.
- Oyster cards will soon be on sale at the station.
- FCC trains will stop using London Bridge station for some years after 2014. FCC expects that West Hampstead will become a major interchange for their passengers, transferring to the Jubilee line.
- WHAT has pressed for better information from station staff when things go wrong. They have also asked that staff be fully briefed about alternative travel options and which tube lines are closed at weekends.
- WHAT would also like to see an art market on the station forecourt, and apparently FCC have been receptive
- Finally, WHAT is pressing for FCC to be included in Camden’s annual transport meeting, which will take place next month.
|Here’s what the waiting room will (sort of) look like|