After the success of our first “jumbo” whampreview earlier this month at The Wet Fish Café, the excitement continues. Our next visit will be to Osteria Spiga – the new Italian restaurant on Broadhurst Gardens.
Regular readers will know that Tom and I went to Spiga on its opening night and were impressed, and I’ve been twice since with the same experience. So, this promises to be a good night.
As with the last event, we will be staggering the tables so that the kitchen doesn’t get slammed and Tom and I are also going to propose a reduced (although definitely not limited) menu for the night – though we promise there’ll still be plenty of choice for everyone.
The average cost of a 3-course meal + wine and service at Spiga is ~£30/head, and we’ll get a free glass of prosecco as an aperitif (each!)
A few basics:
- We’ll meet for a drink beforehand – a great chance to meet folks before you sit down
- Each table’s bill will be split equally unless there’s been a dramatic difference in consumption
- We have 24 places available. If you’d like to come then please or tweet/DM me (@WHampstead) before midday Friday. If the event is oversubscribed then, as is customary, I shall draw the names out of a hat. If you’re one of the lucky ones, I shall be in touch Friday afternoon and I will need a mobile number and active e-mail address from you.
- Please don’t commit to this ‘on the offchance’. Once I’ve contacted you to say you’re in, then that’s basically a restaurant reservation you’ve made. Of course there are always odd very good reasons for last-minute dropouts, but for the restaurant’s sake (and mine!) please try and commit to the date – that’s much appreciated.
- For more info on whampreview, or to read about our previous experiences, check out the FAQ.