Whampreview at Spiga November 3rd
After the success of our first “jumbo” whampreview earlier this month at The Wet Fish Café, the excitement continues. Our next visit will be to Osteria Spiga – the new Italian restaurant on Broadhurst Gardens.
Regular readers will know that Tom and I went to Spiga on its opening night and were impressed, and I’ve been twice since with the same experience. So, this promises to be a good night.
As with the last event, we will be staggering the tables so that the kitchen doesn’t get slammed and Tom and I are also going to propose a reduced (although definitely not limited) menu for the night – though we promise there’ll still be plenty of choice for everyone.
The average cost of a 3-course meal + wine and service at Spiga is ~£30/head, and we’ll get a free glass of prosecco as an aperitif (each!)
A few basics:
- We’ll meet for a drink beforehand – a great chance to meet folks before you sit down
- Each table’s bill will be split equally unless there’s been a dramatic difference in consumption
- We have 24 places available. If you’d like to come then please or tweet/DM me (@WHampstead) before midday Friday. If the event is oversubscribed then, as is customary, I shall draw the names out of a hat. If you’re one of the lucky ones, I shall be in touch Friday afternoon and I will need a mobile number and active e-mail address from you.
- Please don’t commit to this ‘on the offchance’. Once I’ve contacted you to say you’re in, then that’s basically a restaurant reservation you’ve made. Of course there are always odd very good reasons for last-minute dropouts, but for the restaurant’s sake (and mine!) please try and commit to the date – that’s much appreciated.
- For more info on whampreview, or to read about our previous experiences, check out the FAQ.