A year after the campaign started, Camden finally looks set to rid West End Lane of estate agents boards.
Matthew Ogston, partner of Nazeem Mahmood who died last year after falling from his balcony on Fawley Road, spoke to The Guardian in a moving must-read interview. Next week we’ll explain how you can show your support for Matt and his cause.
Foxtons opened its new brightly lit West End Lane branch.
£80 million worth of cannabis was smuggled out of premises on West End Lane.
Camden threatened to close Broomsleigh Street at the Mill Lane end during the Beckford school run hours. Locals weren’t happy and following two public meetings, it appears the council has gone back to the drawing board.
Hot on the Forum
- Does West Hampstead have too many supermarkets?
- Lots of stuff for sale and to give away
- The Broomsleigh St discussion in full
- Getting clothes back from Delicate Dry Cleaners
It’s tough being a backbench councillor in Camnden – even if you are part of the majority party – as Fortune Green’s Lorna Russell has found.
Fortune Green footpath to the cemetery will be closed for 4-5 days from Thursday for resurfacing
Two men who helped Sabrina Moss’s killer were jailed.
What are this week’s top culture picks? Check out the Culture Hub to find out.
- Not sure who to vote for? The West Hampstead Life hustings are on March 31st. Come along to the Sherriff Centre and grill the candidates.
- Hampstead & Kilburn Green candidate Rebecca Johnson launched her camapaign with a video.
- Foreign Secretary Philip Hammond was in West Hampstead during the week for Conservative candidate Simon Marcus’s campaign. He looked at some cheese and some meat.
There were fewer blue margaritas at this week’s whampsocial as locals opted for more traditional cocktails!
If you’ve lost an Italian driving licence, it’s been handed in to Paramount on West End Lane.
A diamond ring’s been lost on Mill Lane.
One Sixty celebrated its first anniversary.
Monday’s WHAT meeting will still cover the Brent Cross redevelopment (which received a £97 million boost in the budget), after developers initially pulled out.
Bakeaboo made it into the Standard’s top 50 London bakeries.
The Tricycle’s Takeover festival got underway with the theatre’s young company taking over the venue for the week.
Tweet of the Week
— Natalie Andreou (@natalie_andreou) March 19, 2015