If you are organised, efficient, and enthusiastic, and you are interested in food, environmental issues, or farming, you might enjoy managing London Farmers’ Markets new West Hampstead market.
You need to be self motivated, assertive, cheerful, a good communicator, polite, and well organised.
Some of the duties include:
- Being present at set up of the market (usually 2 hours before start of market). Duties involve co-ordinating the position of stalls, and putting up signs.
- Setting up a table with information about London Farmers’ Markets
- Ringing the opening bell and ensuring that there is no selling before the bell.
- After ringing the closing bell, supervising the clearing of the site and confirming that each stallholder has cleaned up.
- Filling in a weekly market report to LFM on market day
- Enforcing the market rules.
- Talking to stall holders and customers and convey those comments to LFM.
- Promoting the market during market hours, for example, by leafleting, handing out samples or talking to local businesses or community groups.
If you’re interested then contact ku.gr1516516530o.mfl1516516530@ofni1516516530. Send them a letter or e-mail telling us something about yourself. If you have a C.V. then attach it, but if you don’t, or it’s not relevant, a written statement giving an indication of your previous experience is fine. Please provide two referees. Tell LFM what you’d bring to the job, why you think you’d make a good manager, and what skills you think you’d bring to the role. If you’ve been to one of the LFM markets, give them your impressions, and what you think could be done to improve it. You’ll need access to e-mail and a mobile phone.