An operating pub in Maida Vale was demolished without warning, planning permission or the knowledge of the landlady.
A Mercedes crashed through the church gate of St Mary’s church on Abbey Road.
Samuel West, actor, and director of the Tricycle’s latest play After Electra, talked to West Hampstead Life about the play and his take on Kilburn.
On Saturday join Matt and friends in Hampstead Cemetery at the start of his walk to end religious homophobia.
- Tulip and her Labour supporters disrupted a BoJo walkabout with hilarious photo consequences… not least the complete lack of interest from the people sitting on the bench
- Lib Dem candidate Maajid Nawaz took the heat after the Daily Mail ran video footage of his stag night, during which he received two private lap dances. Maajid has stressed his feminist credentials in the past.
- There were two additions to the final slate of candidates for Hampstead & Kilburn: Carroll the Eurovisionary (Ind) and Robin Ellison (U Party).
Comedy legend Arthur Smith plays The Good Ship this Monday and is our Culture Hub pick of the week. See what else made the cut.
April’s Property of the Month is a 2-bed flat to let on Gladys Road.
On Thursday, hotly tipped new author Renée Knight has the launch party for her debut novel, Disclaimer.
Want to help combat food waste and have fun? Disco Soup could be for you?
Hot on the Forum
- TfL’s proposed bus changes
- Noise on the railway lines
- Estate agents and planning laws
- Stuff for sale!
Tweet of the Week
Not saying that the traffic is bad in West Hampstead, but I beat the bus from Thameslink to Fortune Green. I was walking.
— Tim Cheese (@timcheese) April 7, 2015