What have I missed since January 7th?
Power cuts continued at the start of the week, and there’s snow forecast for Monday. Yes, it’s January in the 1970s.
West Hampstead’s favourite (ok, only) plastic chef made an apperance in Shit London
A landlady on Iverson Road has an asbo – but is that the best way to control rogue landlords?
A local teenager received a five year sentence for rape
There was confirmation of plans to close West Hampstead police station.
Closure of Belsize fire station, meanwhile, means response times in Camden will rise by more than anywhere else.
It’s been two months since the fatal West End Lane crash. How are Amy & Ben doing?
Still got that New Year’s Resolution? We do a round-up of all the local gyms.
BoConcept opened in the O2 centre, but Rossopomodoro won’t be open until November!
Learn more about Thunderbirds’ creator Gerry Anderson’s West Hampstead upbringing.
The tube turned 150 and the BBC showed a clip of West Hampstead in its footage.
Les Misérables is NxNW6’s Film of the Week – details of the first #nw6filmclub evening were also released.
There are also full details of #whampbooks on Jan 22nd on the website.
The Jester Festival is looking for helpers, artists and musicians.
- Whampbooks on the 22nd (see above)
- The Kilburn ward Area Action Group meeting is on the 23rd- a chance to meet your councillors and hear the latest news from the area
- The Swiss Cottage police team will holding a public access/drop in surgery on the 24th from 2 to 3pm at Swiss Cottage Leisure centre
- Feb 6th is our first #whampart event at Camden Arts Centre (details soon)
- March 28th Whampgather XI #fullvolume
Tweet of the Week