On Saturday November 30th, West End Green once again hosts the local Christmas market from 10am to 4pm. This is the fourth year of the popular craft/gift market and business is expected to be brisk. Stallholders range from local favourites such as Bake-a-boo, Achillea Flowers and La Secret Boutique, to craft stores such as Nudi Design, Made in Achilles, and Artangles.
Also, for the first time, more businesses in West Hampstead are joining in the day with in-store offers and promotions, which should help make this the best Christmas shopping (and eating) day yet. There’s a dedicated Christmas Market website, so I’ll just give you a few highlights (check the website for timings).
- Mulled wine at Alexander’s
- Special menu, hot spiced cider and 20% off at The Alice House
- Father Christmas at Chelsea Square
- Hot BBQ food on the terrace at Feng Sushi
- Menu samplings at GBK and chance to win a meal for two with prosecco
- Turkey Tikka Biryani served outside Guglee
- 20% off lunch menu at Mill Lane Bistro
- Chocolate and cake tasters from Peppercorns
- Secret Santa at West End Lane Books and raffle for everyone who spends £10 to win 12 best paperbacks of the year (draw at 4pm)
As well as the market stalls on the green, there are kid-friendly activities in Emmanuel Church – again, here’s a selection
- 10am – 1pm Make wreaths & cards with Friends of Fortune Green
- 12noon – 1pm Make a Snow Globe with Make, Thrift London
- 2:30pm – 3:30pm Fortune Green Choir
Why not go to the Christmas market in the morning, take advantage of one of the lunch deals, and then go to the Beckford School Winter Fair in the afternoon?
I’m one of those grouchy people who thinks Christmas markets should be in December, but I shall definitely be there – with my glass of mulled wine and turkey tikka biryani in hand to do some early Christmas shopping. See you all there.