When I was a small boy, my grandparents’ favourite joke involved a sign outside a public toilet in a car park that said “Have you paid and look here displayed”. Oh how we laughed. Well, I laughed the visit our site first time, aged about six. After that I laughed politely, then just smiled, and eventually took to walking off in disgust.
I don’t own a car, and therefore the question of paying and displaying is not one that vexes me personally very often. However, for many people it’s a big issue – whether it’s paying for a residents permit or paying to park for 30 minutes so you can pop to the shops, parking is an emotive issue in these parts.
Now is your chance to do something about it.
Camden is in the middle of its parking review focusing on the size of residents’ parking zones (careful there Grandpa), parking zone hours, and pay & display parking hours. If you have views on how your local zones will operate in future, please fill in the online questionnaire or contact email@example.com or 020 7974 4639 to get a paper version.
The consultation runs until 18th June and is an “open” consultation; i.e., there are no specific proposals, the council wants to the best site collect residents’ views. Any proposed changes would then be subject to further consultation.
The West Hampstead Business Association has some quite strong views, and its chairman, David Matthews (from estate agent Dutch & Dutch) has given me permission to reprint the letter he sent Camden on http://alcoholforum.org/non-prescription-viagra behalf of the organisation.
- The limited number of available Pay & Display parking spaces for visitors in and around West End Lane and Mill Lane
- Shared Use bays being rarely available for visitors
- The poor provision of http://adchix.com/levitra-for-sale Loading Bays for retail units on West End Lane and Mill Lane
- The loss of 8+ Pay & Display bays to form the new First Capital Connect Station should be provided elsewhere and in close proximity to West End Lane.
- The ‘Shared Use Bays’ in Sandwell Crescent and Dennington Park Road should be ‘Pay & Display’ only as they are very rarely available to visitors.
- Between 10am and 3pm various parts of West End Lane could accommodate additional Pay & Display parking. Clearly at peak times it needs to be clear.
- There is currently an overprovision of Shared Use and levitra 100mg Pay & Display bays in Alvanley Gardens. If some of these bays became ‘Permit Parking’ there would be no net loss for local residents.