Everyone agreed that the screening of Back to the Future in June was a huge success, and the Friends of Fortune Green raised enough money that night to put on another bike-powered summer film on Saturday August 31st.
|Photo via Mark Stonebanks|
Mark “The Hills are Alive” Stonebanks, chair of the FoFG, is determined that it should be a musical, but is leaving the choice up to the Great Whamp Public. He’s come up with a shortlist based on some early suggestions and you can vote for your favourite.
The choices are:
- Bugsy Malone (1976, Jodie Foster, dir Alan Parker – famous for the custard gun scene)
- Fame (1980, Irene Cara, dir Alan Parker – famous for legwarmers (but not as good as the TV series))
- Footloose (1984, Kevin Bacon, dir Herbert Ross – famous for the theme tune)
- The Blues Brothers (1980, Dan Aykroyd, John Belushi, dir John Landis – famous for being bloody brilliant)
- Les Misérables (2012, Russell Crowe, Hugh Jackman, dir Tom Hooper – famous for being entirely in song)
You have to go the Friends of Fortune Green event site to vote (scroll down when you get there). Far be it from me to sway your vote in any particular direction. I shall just leave you with this.