What have I missed since July 21st?
The Liddell Road development plans were this week’s main story:
- We drew up a Bluffers Guide to the proposals.
- There was a public meeting that got very tetchy.
- We’re told that 156 West End Lane will have 50% affordable housing (Camden numbers from earlier this year citing 25% are apparently out of date).
- We also looked at what “affordable housing” actually means.
- There are now petitions against the block led by the Conservatives and by the Trade Union Socialist Coalition.
- All three parliamentary candidates are opposed to the current scheme, including Labour’s Tulip Siddiq despite it being a proposal from Camden Labour. Opposing and getting it changed are two very different things.
Also plenty of news from the tower blocks that are already approved at West Hampstead Square
- The cranes are due to arrive on site on Monday & Tuesday.
- The first block to be built in the West Hamsptead Square development will be affordable housing. The flats should be available from spring next year via A2 Dominion.
- The new entrance to the Overground station, which will be part of this development, will be wheelchair and buggy acccessible.
- With all the open market properties now sold, Ballymore’s marketing suite will be removed within the next few weeks.
A piece of piping fell off the roof above Ladbrokes on Friday, luckily not hitting anyone.
Property of the Month is a 2-bed in Mill Lane.
Whampsocial is back this Wednesday at Frida’s bar – the World Cup is over, so get yourself along for cocktails and chat.
Joe is our Film of the Week. Full local listings here (yes, there’s still time to catch Boyhood!).
Gig of the Week is John Bull & The Bandits on Thursday at The Good Ship. Full local music listings here.
There’s still time to vote for the next Film on Fortune Green, which is on August 30th.
A fire at Swiss Cottage leisure centre caused the pool to close for a time.
Tweet of the Week
Toilet seat has been, er, dumped on our wall. This is really taking the piss @WHampstead @camdentalking pic.twitter.com/F4ZjIw9plW
— Dan Myers (@ddanmyers) July 26, 2014